Labels

Monday, May 14, 2012

Pieces - By Request


Pieces
By Neil Dracos
I once asked you, "What do you like best about me?" A question cryptic, answer hard to see. You told me you love my eyes, I said it was your hair. But when I look in myself now, that answer isn't there.
My love cries for only you. And when you ask what I love most, one answer can't be true.
My hands long for the feel of your hair, yes, your hair. These twins seek it even in my sleep.
But my eyes see yours alone, even in the stones. They howl to gaze deep into your soul, lighting new fire from the coals.

My arms crave the touch of you in my embrace. And only in your arms does my blood race.

My feet feel like lead most every day. But move like a hare’s if you’re even a mile away.

My mind is married to yours, a love intellectually pure. And every time our lives connect, it seems all the newer.

My heart is bound to yours by weightless chains. You’re always there to abate my pains.

I once asked you, "What do you like best about me?" A question cryptic, answer hard to see. You told me you love my eyes, I said it was your hair. But when I look in myself now, that answer isn't there.

No comments:

Post a Comment